We Take Pride in Supporting the Essential Needs of Our Communities
First PREMIER Bank and PREMIER Bankcard are here to support our communities and customers with financial services they need. But our top priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees and the customers they serve as we deliver the products and services that are critical to their lives and livelihoods.
We are committed to ensuring customers receive their paychecks, can pay their bills, have access to cash and can discuss loans and other financial matters with their banker. Simply put, we are available to help.
As we begin our return to normal, we continue to focus on the health, safety and peace of mind of our customers, employees and communities. With this in mind, First PREMIER Bank is taking a strategic, phased approach to reopening our lobbies to normal, walk-in business.
Opening May 26, 2020
- Watertown Uptown
- Watertown I-29
- Madison Temporary Building
Opening June 3, 2020
- 41st and Sertoma Ave.
- 41st and Kiwanis Ave.
- W. Benson Road
- I-229 and E. Benson Road
Opening June 10, 2020
- 69th and Minnesota Ave.
- 26th and Cliff Ave.
- Sanford Health
- Main Bank (14th & Minn. Ave.)
- Southeastern Ave.
- Sycamore Ave.
Mortgage, Business Banking, Wealth Management and First PREMIER Investment Services will remain available by appointment until further notice.
If you are not comfortable coming into our branch, these continue to be ideal alternatives:
- DRIVE-UP WINDOWS – All drive-up windows are open to traffic during normal business hours. CLICK HERE >
- DIGITAL BANKING – Our online banking and mobile app allow you to remotely track, transfer and deposit money into your account; and create automatic bill payments. Connecting your First PREMIER Bank Debit Mastercard® to your preferred mobile wallet is a contactless way to pay for your necessary purchases. You can enroll in online banking or download our mobile app. CLICK HERE >
- CUSTOMER CARE – Our Customer Care team is available by phone (800-501-6535) or secure messaging through our online banking or mobile app. You may also find the answer to your question on our website. CLICK HERE >
Investing In Your Safety
As more people feel comfortable leaving home and spending time in public, we want to ensure our customers and employees are also comfortable and safe while conducting financial transactions.
With this in mind, we are implementing additional safety measures in all our locations. These safeguards follow the most up-to-date guidance from the CDC, OSHA and reliable authorities like the American Bankers Association and Sanford Health.
- Plexiglass protective shields at all teller lines, desks and workspaces commonly used for transactions.
- Social distancing reminders to help you keep a safe space between you and others.
- More hand sanitizer available for use in the lobby.
- Ongoing disinfecting of high-touch surfaces.
- Brand new First PREMIER pens available for use in our branch and for you to take with you when you leave.
Please know we are continuing to vigilantly follow CDC guidelines by washing hands often, covering sneezes and coughs, avoiding touching our faces and staying home when ill.
Our Customers Are The #1 Reason We Exist
The following are just a few examples of how we are helping our customers during this unprecedented time.
- Providing a Helping Hand: Our Retail Banking, Indirect Lending, Loan Servicing and Customer Care teams have helped nearly 10,000 customers to date with one- or two-month loan payment extensions at no fee and continue to assist with opening new deposit and loan accounts every day. In addition, PREMIER Bankcard continues to handle millions of customer calls and have helped thousands of cardholders receive personalized hardship programs due to COVID-19.
- Keeping Businesses Running: On March 31, Congress approved the $349 billion Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) to help small businesses and non-profit organizations maintain or restore staffing levels and funding was reauthorized with an additional $320 billion in late April. First PREMIER Bank’s business banking team helped process 1,100 PPP loans for more than $112 million approved and funded. We continue to help these same customers as they enter the loan forgiveness phase of PPP. We have over 80 employees dedicated to meeting the needs of our business customers.
- Processing Payroll and Payments: First PREMIER Bank is the 12th largest ACH originating bank in the nation. We process more than $27 billion each month, predominantly for payroll direct deposit. We also process hundreds of thousands of individual payments each month on behalf of companies and government entities to ensure their customers get proper credit on their accounts every day.
- Accessing Funds Quickly: Our wire transfer desk provides same-day funds transfer services for customers, including recent examples of health care organizations urgently acquiring critical PPE for their staff with immediate payment required, as well as pandemic-related funds transfers between federal and state governments.
- Making Dreams Happen: Our mortgage banking team has more than 412 loan applications in process, totaling $93 million, including financing for 197 home purchases. They also continue to work with qualifying customers to meet new budget needs by refinancing current mortgage loans to lower rates. Now, more than ever, it’s important to have a place you can call home.
- Funding ATMs: PREMIER also provides funding and daily processing for more than 10,000 independently owned ATMs throughout the nation. In March, provided cash for 2.2 million transactions. During this time of social distancing, it’s important to know “self-serve” cash is readily available.
- Keeping an Eye on Your Future: We manage more than $3 billion in investments for individuals, businesses, organizations, foundations, etc. and help each of them navigate through these turbulent times in the markets.
Our Employees Are Our Most Valuable Resource
As we navigate this new environment, our people are still our number one priority. We continue to follow the latest CDC guidelines and visit with our local health experts. We know how important it is that our employees feel comfortable continuing to serve our essential role in the economy and, more importantly, in the lives of our customers. We also want to ensure all employees are free to make appropriate choices to protect the health and wellbeing of themselves and our community.
To help our employees through this time PREMIER implemented the following:
- An additional two weeks of sick leave was given for those testing positive or those with dependents testing positive.
- Employees received an additional week of PTO to ensure they could stay home.
- PREMIER Cares Payment was provided to help offset COVID-19 expenses.
- A relaxed dress code.
- Departments have been separated and dispersed. We are taking a “health and safety first” phased approach to bringing them back together over the coming months.
- Work at home accommodations are being made wherever possible. Many employees will continue to work remotely for the time being.
- Staggered shifts were established to reduce facility capacity.
- Social distancing policies continue to be in effect in break rooms.
- Business travel has been eliminated and will be reviewed later in the summer.
- Face-to-face meetings are restricted to small groups. Digital meetings continue to be encouraged.
Enhanced Cleaning and Protection:
- Cleaning services have implemented enhanced techniques.
- Additional cleaning staff added to sanitize buildings during the day.
We are proud to say that through the challenges we’ve all faced, our team at PREMIER hasn’t missed a beat. We’ve proactively reached out to customers, volunteered to give up weekends and continued to serve with a smile. This dedication is what makes us one of the highest performing banks in the country, and what enables us to serve our customers and communities well during their greatest time of need.
As a thank you for their amazing efforts, all employees could choose a $50 gift card to a local restaurant of their choice. This was also a great way for PREMIER to support small businesses vital to the communities we serve. We had almost 2,000 employees sign up for the cards, allowing PREMIER to pump an additional $100,00+ into the local economies of Sioux Falls, Watertown, Huron, Dakota Dunes, Wakonda, Castlewood and Lake Norden.
First PREMIER Supports Our Communities
First PREMIER continues to strongly support the communities we serve, including making significant contributions to COVID-19 relief funds in Sioux Falls, Watertown, Huron and Dakota Dunes.
To date, PREMIER and its leadership have pledged $1.8 million in relief. This includes making the lead gift to create the One Sioux Falls Fund, which will assist those who are experiencing financial hardships due to the pandemic.
We will continue to contribute to community emergency funds as they are established and support nearly 700 local and regional organizations and non-profit organizations.
To learn more, CLICK HERE.
As we return to normal, no one knows what continues to lie ahead. One thing we know for sure, community continues to be more important than ever. And PREMIER is here to support you.