Mortgage Application Checklist
When filling out paperwork for Mortgage Pre-Qualification, you will need the following items:
- Current pay stubs covering the last 30 days
- Last two statements for all checking and savings accounts, money market funds and other cash assets
- Tax returns for past three years (signed and dated), including all schedules and W-2s for first-time home buyers and self-employed applicants
- If you have rental or other income, please provide lease or other documentation.
- If you have delcared bankruptcy in the last seven years, bring discharge papers.
- A copy of your divorce decree if you have ever been divorced
- A copy of your child support agreement/stipulation if you pay or receive child support*
- If you are self-employed, please bring your personal and business tax retruns for the last two years. A YTD profit-and-loss statement and balance sheet may also be required.
- If you are applying for a VA loan, please also bring a Certificate of Eligibility or a copy of your DD-214 and the name, address and phone number of your nearest relative.
*Alimony, child support or separate maintenance income need not be revealed if the applicant or co-applicant does not choose to have it considered as a basis for repaying this loan.