Protect Yourself. If you can answer "YES" to any of these questions, you could be involved in a FRAUD or about to be SCAMMED!
Will My Bank Detect Fake Check Scams?
- Did you receive a CHECK via an overnight delivery service?
- Is the CHECK from an item you sold on the Internet, such as a car, boat, jewelry, etc.?
- Is the amount of the CHECK more than the item's selling price?
- Is the CHECK connected to communicating with someone by e-mail?
- Have you been notified that you were the winner of a LOTTERY in a foreign country that you did not enter?
- Have you been instructed to "WIRE", "SEND", or "SHIP" MONEY as soon as possible to a large U.S. city or another country such as Canada, England, or Nigeria?
- Have you been asked to PAY MONEY to receive a deposit from another country such as Canada, England, or Nigeria?
- Are you receiving PAY or COMMISSION in advance for work at home, mystery shopping, etc. and requested to deposit funds in return for transferring funds?
- Did you respond to an e-mail requesting you to CONFIRM, UPDATE, or PROVIDE your account and personal information?